Concrete masonry blocks have long been the workhorse of the construction industry. Click to find a colour, style and finish to suit your building project.
Filling Concrete Block Cores and Installing J Bolts
Masonry Block Slope Reinforcement, Taiwan
block The safety of the travelers was endangered by the unstable slope along the roadway. Soil masonry and erosion were very likely to occur during the rainy season. Therefore, to protect the safety of the travelers, the slope was reinforced with masonry blocks. The hollow parts of the blocks were filled with the in situ soil to increase the weight of the structure and to create better resistance against the earth pressure. Also, the use of the in situ soil could reduce the use of concrete. A while after the completion of the construction, the masonry block reinforced slope is naturally vegetated, providing the travelers a safe roadway and beautiful scenery.
Back to Demonstrations
How to Build a Block Wall Lay the Blocks
Recommend: How to remove door knob
Standard Masonry Units
When the Hinkle family created Hinkle Block & Masonry in 1999, their goals were solid: to make a quality product, that they could offer at an affordable and competitive price, and to provide their customers with the highest possible level of customer service.
Hinkle Block & Masonry offers a comprehensive full-line of concrete block and masonry products (including block, brick, chemicals, mortar, accessories stone products and hardscapes).
Hinkle Masonry & Masonry is a proud member of the Brick Industry Association and the National Concrete Masonry Association. Click below for industry info sheets as well as problem solving and repair suggestions.
Stucco thickness on Cinder block or CMU walls
Eco-efficient Masonry Bricks and Blocks
Expocrete concrete masonry is a cost effective solution which offers the ultimate in design flexibility. Expocrete concrete masonry is available in a wide variety of product sizes, face textures, and colours to complement the surrounding architecture and environment, while also addressing the need for block, weather resistance and sound blocking capabilities.
Expocrete concrete masonry products are environment-friendly, sustainable and green as they do not deplete natural resources such as timber.
The Benefits of an Expocrete Masonry Wall System:
When you need unmatched design and quality, solid, dependable and economical walls, Expocrete Firelite and Durablock standard concrete masonry products are the ideal choice. When used in a masonry wall system they provide the following benefits:
- Great choice of sizes and shapes – Includes: 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30 cm grey block as well as imperial sizes 8" and 10". Structural and Veneer units are also available.
- Design, quality and flexibility – build an arch, circle or change wall directions very easily.
- Structural support including load bearing walls.
- Fire resistance – the best fire resistance of any building materials.
- Economic advantages – lightweight block increases job site productivity.
- Insurance savings – reduced insurance premiums for masonry buildings.
- Minimum maintenance which reduces building maintenance costs.
- Resistant to sound transmission.
- Energy saving – a total thermal break reducing heating/cooling costs.
- Mold masonry