How to clean bamboo floors without any damage
Almost all the funds that are used for cleaning parquet can be used to clean the bamboo flooring. Only wax is inadmissible here as it may affect such floor covering. In any case, when buying bamboo flooring, and then the means for cleaning, it is necessary to consult with vendors about the possibility of the use of certain cleaning products and detergents. Vendors can help you choose the appropriate options, but still do not forget to carefully read labels when purchasing any means and follow all instructions in their use. These steps will help you to find out how to clean bamboo floors without their damage.
The bamboo flooring is very sensitive in operation - it is easy to leave a dent or scratch, and it can not be wet. This type of flooring requires the absence of shoes in the house. If you need to clean the bamboo floor, follow these steps.
You will need:
- flat cotton mop or broom to remove dust
- dishwashing liquid
Cleaning bamboo flooring
To clean bamboo floors you need to follow the next steps:
- Sweep the floor to remove all dust using a dry cotton mop (for cleaning the floor) or a special broom.
- If there are any dried spills or other stains, you need to remove them, adding into water a little bit of dishwashing liquid and stir the solution until the formation of foam. Dampen the cloth with soapy water, and then squeeze it. Wipe off stains on the floor with a damp cloth, and then wipe it dry with paper towels (napkins).
- If you need more thorough cleaning, so the best cleaner for bamboo floors can be vinegar. The recipe is simple: soak a cloth in cleaning solution of equal parts of vinegar and water, and wipe the floor. Then wipe it safely with a paper towel (napkin) until it is dry.
- Always wipe any spills on bamboo floors as soon as possible. Any traces of water on the floor that can lead to swelling or warping.
- Never clean the bamboo floor with a wet mop.
- Bamboo flooring can be vacuumed but be careful - wheels may leave traces or their accidental fall can form the recess.
- Under the influence of sunlight bamboo quickly fade so make sure to have curtains on the windows.
- Place felt pads under the legs and corners of the furniture in the room with bamboo flooring - it will protect the floor from scratches.
Keep in mind: the bamboo flooring is not absolutely indestructible, despite its fortress and reliability. Many manufacturers do not recommend walking in high-heeled shoes on such floors. A woman in such heels gives the same pressure on per square inch as the weight of 1 ton - this is enough to damage the flooring.
How to maintain the purity of bamboo flooring
All that is required to keep purity bamboo flooring is the frequent sweeping and maintaining a minimum level of humidity. Generally, the best way to clean bamboo floors is almost the same as for other types of parquet. Bamboo care is required even less chemicals, which is an advantage for consumers' health. Regular cleaning of bamboo flooring, of course, contributes to its longevity.
Although bamboo is a water-resistant material (due to its tropical origin) you should not wash it with plenty of water. Rag or mop should be just wet with water and it should not drip! The liquid and oily substances may form persistent stains. Anything spilled on bamboo flooring especially oily substances should be removed with a soft, damp cloth with a mild cleaning agent. In addition, strong detergents, abrasive cleaners and acidic chemicals can damage the surface of the bamboo floor, so their use should be avoided.
Another way to prevent the abrasive particles on the floor from shoes and pets paws - put the rug at the entrance. It will delay the small stones, dirt, moisture, grit, glass shards and fragments of various items and will prevent unnecessary scratches on the floor of bamboo. These rugs should be regularly shook up, and walking in street shoes on bamboo floors should be minimized. In such a way dirt and sand will not be transferred from the rug to the floor.